Google+

Boehner & GOP Are Bullies

Leave a comment

March 1, 2013 by Jan Stone

“The revenue issue is now closed,” Mr. Boehner said Thursday, before the House left town for the weekend without acting on the cuts and a Senate attempt to avert them died. Mr. Boehner said the dispute with Democrats amounted to a question of “how much more money do we want to steal from the American people to fund more government.”

“I’m for no more,” he said.

So he is aware in the coming days and weeks we will:

  • see 157,000 less jobs;
  • it’s more important to preserve tax loopholes and secure tax breaks than keep Medicare, military and school programs, teachers, police and firefighters in tact.
  • Border patrol agents who congress insisted were critical will get a 10% salary cut as will the cleaning staff in Congress;
  • educators in military camps across the country will be reduced so, while their fathers and mothers are fighting in Afghanistan, these soldiers also need to worry about their kids getting the best education possible.

 

Nice job, GOP. Way to treat 99% of a population while the other 1% will not sacrifice a penny. The GOP allowed the cuts to happen because Republicans refused to close a single tax loophole for the wealthy. Not. One. Single. Tax. Loophole.

At least now we know w/out a doubt, the GOP does not believe in a balanced approach to budget cuts. They are spoiled, entitled racists who can’t sacrifice tanning booths for the health and welfare of the middle class in this country.

Just a reminder, all the billions couldn’t put Mitt-less in office. Common sense kept President Obama in the White House and common sense will make sure Congress gets the message next time there are congressional elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/us/politics/house-republicans-cheer-boehners-refusal-to-negotiate-on-cuts.html?smid=pl-share

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Top Posts & Pages

Social Justice, Common Sense, Facts, Human Rights, Resistance, Women’s Rights, Gun Control, Make America Sane Again, Economy, Racism, Bigotry, Treason Iraq, Iran, Syria, Israel, NRA

Conservative Politics GOP Republican Republicans right-wing Right Wing Politics

Our Advocacy by Posts

Blog Stats

  • 12,732 hits

Others Who Elect2Care

Member of The Internet Defense League

%d bloggers like this: