January 22, 2014 by Jan Stone
As we reflect on all of the important issues surrounding us ― from climate change and Black Widow terrorists to Iran ― can we agree this was a long-awaited decision and move forward?
Those who are STILL trying to reverse the Supreme Court’s judgement, some questions:
- If you cannot trust a woman with this decision, how can you trust her with a child?
- Do you really think this is an easy decision for any woman?
- Do you realize how arrogant and foolish a politician appears discussing a woman’s right about her own body?
- If you think it is within the limits of your position, can we discuss why insurance companies cover Viagra and why your particular problem should be financed by insurance company dollars?
- Or how a man should be punished for not wearing a condom when he impregnates a woman? With all of his brilliance, surely he would know better.
It’s time to either take this out of the public discourse or ramp up the discussion on the consequences for men responsible for women having to fight for the right to make such very private, personal and difficult decisions.