Measures Congress Should Pass for Safer Gun OwnershipLeave a comment
February 28, 2014 by Jan Stone
President Obama is asking Congress to urgently introduce legislation to:
- Eliminate loopholes and require background checks for all gun sales
- Reinstate the prohibition on high-capacity magazines
- Renew and strengthen the ban on assault weapons
- Create serious penalties for gun traffickers
- Get armor-piercing bullets off the streets by prohibiting the possession and transfer of this dangerous ammunition
- Keep 15,000 cops on the street
- Further research on gun violence
- Help schools develop and carry out comprehensive emergency management plans
- Remove restrictions that require ATF to authorize importation of dangerous weapons simply because of their age
Call your senators and representative in Congress and ask them if they will support the President’s plan.
Thanks to Organizing for Action for the details of this post.