December 12, 2016 by skokielib
Donald Trump did an amazing job of conning his supporters and selling a fake reality. But apparently it isn’t hard to fool Trump supporters. They are obviously living in an alternate reality where fake news is real and real news is fake.
Public Policy Polling (PPP) recently polled Americans and found a number of very disturbing things that Trump voters think are fact:
- 40% of Trump voters think Donald Trump won the popular vote. He did not. Hillary Clinton received approximately 2.7M more votes.
- 73% of Trump voters think George Soros is paying protestors against Trump. That is positively insane!
- 67% of Trump voters think unemployment increased under President Obama. You cannot make this stuff up! Unemployment was 7.8% and rising fast when Obama took office. It peaked at 10% and right now is at 4.6%.
- Only 41% of Trump voters think the stock market rose under President Obama. It has more than doubled since Obama took office.
- 295 of Trump voters think that California votes should not be counted. That’s just strange!
So how do we possibly win the votes of people that don’t believe in facts? That is an easy answer. We don’t need to. If you look at Trump’s votes versus Clintons, what we need to do is excite young people and minorities to vote Democratic and to get out and vote. We don’t need to appeal to whiny rural and low density suburb people that think that somehow because the world is closer to equal (and it is still a long way from actually being equal) their life sucks. We need to get the same people that turned out to vote for Obama to turn out to vote for a Democratic congress and senate and for the next Democratic Presidential candidate.