Why Worry About Why Clinton Lost?Leave a comment
May 10, 2017 by Chris Kite
There is renewed debate about why Hillary Clinton lost the election in November. It was a very close election despite the significant electoral win. This is because the popular vote went to Hillary Clinton and she lost in several toss up states (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) by the slimmest of margins.
Therefore, I think you can point to just about any negative and say it cost Clinton the election.
- Her e-mail server choice
- Her failure to campaign more in MI, WI, and PA
- Voter suppression
- Complacency by liberals and moderates convinced she would win
- FBI Director Comey’s Announcement
- Russian hacking of Clinton (and team member’s) e-mails
- Fake news
- Trust issues
- Her basketful of deplorables comment
- Too much focus on personality instead of “real issues”
Virtually any of these things could have swung the election. You don’t have to like Hillary Clinton. You don’t have to support her. But you should understand it was a very close race and that just a small change or two would have created a different outcome.